Build Your Own 50 watt solar panel For Free
Governments all over the world are launching 50 watt solar panel various efforts to defuse the ever growing bubble of global warming. A major portion of global warming is supplied by the conventional methods of energy production i.e. by burning fuel. The waste product of such power plants increases CO2 levels in the atmosphere, causing rise in global temperature. Chief initiative by governments is focused on promoting the production of clean, green energy on large scale. This will not only help them reduce electricity cost but it will also reduce CO2 emission into the atmosphere.
Harvesting energy from the sun
Harvesting energy from the sun through 50 watt solar panel is the most easily manageable method of producing green energy. Once installed, it can convert energy in sun light into electricity as long as it receives sunlight. However, installing S-panels in home and offices requires huge investment, although one time. High cost of s-panels and their installation expenses hampers companies and homes in adopting solar panels for producing electricity.
Many governments have launched a number of “green” schemes and programs. Under these programs the government provides FREE 500 watt solar panel and installation equipment to homes and offices. Furthermore companies covered under the program offer the required equipment at discounted rates.
Energy panels help you significantly reduce your electricity expenses by providing cheap method of making your own electricity. It is also important for the sake of global environment. So visit your local government websites to see if they offer any such program. Even if your government does not offer such program, there are other ways you can obtain free solar panels: Many schools and universities simply discard s-panels once used in science projects and labs. You can get these 50 watt solar panel for free and with a little effort you can setup your own solar energy farm at office or home.…
How in the World Can a Little Solar Company in Los Angeles?
Generating your own electricity from sunlight is a marvelous thing. We hear so much about the damaging effects and rising costs of the fossil fuel industry. One has to wonder why more people aren’t buzzing about the cleanness and simplicity of converting sunlight to electricity.
In 7th grade I had a great science teacher. He was great because he thoroughly understood his subject. He knew it so well he could explain it in the most basic understandable terms. When Mr. Bielski taught us something, there was no child left behind. As a result, our love for science grew Solar Company in Los Angeles.
Solar Panel Science
Now I’m a grown-up student, learning from hands on experience. Solar Company in Los Angeles power has been part of my life for the past 16 years and I wouldn’t trade it for all the electric bills that never came. I started with one of the most basic systems. It cost me only a couple of hundred dollars since some components were second-hand. It wasn’t what you’d call a power-house, but it helped me to understand Solar Company in Los Angeles power from the ground up. My old science teacher would be proud.
I must confess that at the beginning I really didn’t understand how the solar cell itself was working. I only knew that if I put my used solar panel array face front to the sun, it would put electricity into my cheap-o batteries and I could run DC lights, a radio, my computer and a few other things that made our new home in the middle of nowhere more homey.
Now I realize that knowing how those little ring solar panel cells have been cranking out the juice all these years is worthwhile. I’m building my own solar panels now so handling these little wafers has made me curious about how they keep working their magic.
It turns out that every solar cell is like a sandwich. In the center is a thin slice of highly purified silicon. The silicon sandwich has two types of bread. On one side is boron and on the other side is phosphorus. Sounds yummy.
It just so happens that when this sandwich is bombarded by sunlight, some of the excess electrons are knocked off the side facing the sun. This creates a voltage difference between the two sides of the sandwich, which makes the electron very unhappy. They like to be balanced. So, the excess electrons try to go through the silicon to get to the side of the sandwich where there are fewer electrons. Unfortunately for them, that’s not easy because the silicon puts up resistance.
When we construct a solar panel, we string the solar cells together (usually 36 of them) with a type of metal ribbon, which acts like a wire. The unhappy crowded electrons find it easier to move down the metal ribbon than to fight their way through the silicon. When we attach a DC electrical device, such as a 12-volt light, to the wires coming off these metal ribbons, the electrons flow happily around the circuit and voila — there is light!
Does this matter? I think it does. When we realize how simple the solar cell is and how it makes electricity in such an uncomplicated way, we tend to think that the rest of the solar electric system can be understood, too… And it can.…
Solar Company Utah – Tips to Lower Your Monthly Costs
In our first two articles we discussed several tips to reduce your Solar Company Utah energy costs specifically during either the winter or summer months. In this article we will discuss tips you can use year round to help lower your energy costs and save on your monthly bills.
First let’s recap some of the tips we suggested using in winter:
– Lower your thermostat. Stay warmer by wearing more clothes, using space heaters, using electric blankets at night, etc.
– Check for drafts entering the home through doors or windows and seal them off.
– Reduce your outdoor pool’s running time to a minimum
Next let’s look at some of the tips we suggested for summer:
– Raise your thermostat. Stay cool by using fans, drinking plenty of water, wearing fewer clothes, etc.
– Pull shades to block out the sun’s heat.
– Insure your A/C unit is running optimally
Using our summer and winter tips will help you save on energy costs year round. Many items work to help cool and heat your home both, helping your unit work less, and use less energy.
– Changing the A/C filter regularly helps your unit run at its optimum level in both heat and cool modes.
– Space heaters and fans help create air flow within your home which in turn helps your unit not work as hard to circulate the air.
– Pulling the shades on windows can help both in winter and summer. In summer the shades block out the sun’s direct heat. In the winter shades help to block out drafts and block the cold temperatures on the window surfaces from entering the room.
– Increasing your attic insulation helps year round as well by retaining both the heat and cool into your home instead of letting it escape through the ceiling.
– Decreasing the amount of time that your outdoor pool’s filter system runs during the day will dramatically help to reduce your energy consumption. Work with your pool professional to find the optimal amount of time that the system should run each day to keep the pool clean while at the same time using as little energy as possible. You may want to consider building your own Solar Company Utah panel or wind turbine to power your pool pump. There are several websites that can teach you how to do this. See the links at the bottom of this article.
– Replacing your old windows with energy efficient models can easily pay for itself in a very short period of time. Today’s windows with Low E film are many times over more efficient than older models. The best advantage is that they work in both summer and winter. In summer energy efficient windows block out the sun’s direct heat as well as the ambient heat outside, all while directing the A/C unit’s cool air back into the room. In the winter they work the same by deflecting the heat in the room back into the room and by blocking out the cold air and wind. If you haven’t looked into replacing your windows and your home is more than 30 years old, you should really do so. The amount you could save could be huge. Not to mention that fact that your home will feel much better as well.
– Replacing your old, worn out central system will save you money year round as well. Depending on how old your unit is, how large your home is and how well it’s insulated, the savings you could see from replacing the unit could easily pay for the new unit in just a couple of years time.
– Caulking cracks around your home’s exterior will help to increase the home’s insulation factor which will obviously help year round by blocking out the cold and hot wind.
– Unplugging your unused electrical items will save energy year round.
– Don’t leave rechargeable items plugged in all the time. Once the unit is charged, unplug it completely from the wall.
– Don’t leave your toaster plugged in. It only takes a second to plug it in when you are ready to use it.
– Why leave your computer running all day while you are at work? Not only turn it off, but if you have it on a surge protector, which you should, turn the switch off so that all your computer items are off including your printer, copier, modem, monitor, etc.
– Unplug your jam box. It probably has a few lights and maybe a read out screen that stay lit even when the unit switch is off.
– Battery chargers. Once your drill or screwdriver battery is charged in the garage, unplug it.
So, as you …