Solar Energy Facts That Could Change Your World
There is a huge interest in learning more about solar energy facts these days because more and more people are interested in green energy.
Solar energy can be used for a wide range of things like heating our houses, heating water, and even running motors to cool and air-condition our houses. To help you learn more about solar energy facts, here are 7 of them to help increase your green energy knowledge.
1. The earth receives and amazing 174 pentawatts of solar radiation every day. But a large portion, about 30%, is reflected back into space, and is unable to be used.
2 The total solar energy absorbed by the atmosphere, ocean, and land masses is about 3.9 exajoules per year.
3. The amount of sun energy reaching the earth in one hour is more then enough to power the world for one whole year!
4. The amount of solar power that reaches the surface of the earth is so big in one year that is about twice as much then will ever be claimed from all of the Earth’s nonrenewable resources like coal, oil, uranium, and natural gas.
5. Sun light travels to our planet in approximately 8 minutes, travels 93,000,000 miles, and travels at 186,282 miles per second.
6. The great Leonardo da Vinci was one of the first people ever to predict solar industrialization way back in 1447. He was a famous philosopher and one of the greatest artists of all time.
7. The world record for a solar powered aircraft is for flying 4,060 km across the United States without refueling.
These are just a few of the many amazing solar energy facts are out there. If you are interested in creating more about free energy you should learn all you can about this valuable resource.