5 Reasons Why Solar Home Thermal Energy Is So Attractive To People
Utilizing the power of the sun as an alternative source of energy in the home is really the most popular choice of any of the new eco-friendly power choices today. At present most of us use forms of energy in our homes that are limited non-renewable and pollute our environment. Today solar home thermal energy is becoming the way to heat your home both now and for the future.
There are different ways of harnessing solar energy and putting it to work for us. The two most popular are solar thermal energy systems and solar electric systems.
Solar thermal energy systems are used to heat our homes and to heat the hot water we use instead of using oil or gas. It uses solar collectors to collect heat energy and then utilizes it in our heating and plumbing systems.
Solar electric systems utilize the sun energy and convert it into electricity through the use of solar photovoltaic panels.
The advantages of using solar power are abundant:
1. Solar power is great for the environment as it is completely emission-free. Even a small solar system can save huge on the CO2s emitted each year from your home. Not only that but solar power is also silent.
2. Solar power can effectively insure you against the ever rising costs of gas and oil prices. And the higher these energy prices are the quicker you recover your investment costs.
3. Solar systems reduce your oil and gas consumption, and thereby reduce the influence of oil rich countries controlling the majority of the world, including your lives.
4. Solar systems are a valued amenity and increase the value of your home sometimes even higher than the price of your investment.
5. Solar systems give you independence from the systems supplying traditional energy and therefore from the big companies which own them and are looking for huge profits at the consumer’s expense.
At the present time solar science is at a point where it is possible to convert sizable amounts of solar energy into usable energy for our needs, but we fall way short in our use of it. This is due to many things. People are still hooked into the traditional fuels which are from finite resources from the earth that are not only harmful to the planet but a foolish waste of these resources.
So now with this little bit of background info on the problems of doing nothing and why we need to change for our future generations are you still going to sit pat and do nothing? The benefits of solar energy greatly outweigh the negatives. In fact the only downside to solar power is the initial investment. But these costs are coming down and fairly quickly as more and more people convert to use solar energy and the efficiency will continue to increase.
Even if you decide you can’t afford or aren’t willing to afford one right now at least you now know what you need to know for when you are ready to invest in your own home solar energy system. But I encourage you to become a part of the movement to save our planet right away. It is not only the smart thing to do but the right thing to do.